Surgical Testing and Registration
- STAR Passport (English)
- STAR Passport (Spanish)
- Cleansing Kit, Instructions & Safety Tips (English)
- Cleaning Kit, Instructions & Safety Tips (Spanish)
- Health Questionnaire
At your Surgical Testing and Registration (STAR) appointment we will…
Register you for your procedure
- Perform lab tests, EKG and chest X-ray, as needed
- Update your existing information and assist you in completing any additional required forms
Please bring the following
items with you:
- All insurance / Medicare cards
- Photo ID
- Current list of medication you are taking, including the dosage. Include prescriptions, over-the-counter medication, vitamins and herbal supplements
- If convenient, bring the bottles and packages with you
- Complete list of all physicians you see and their phone numbers
- Pacemaker or defibrillator information card
One week before your surgery
- Many common over the counter medications must be stopped seven days before surgery unless otherwise instructed by your physician. These include: Aspirin or aspirin products (Excedrin), vitamins, herbal supplements and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Advil, Ibuprofen, Aleve and Motrin should be stopped seven days before your surgery unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- Unless instructed by your surgeon, do not stop your prescription medication prior to surgery
- Check with your surgeon on whether to take certain blood pressure, heart and/or seizure medication on the day of surgery, with a sip of water.
- Notify your physician as soon as possible if you get a cold, fever or any illness prior to your surgery date.
24 hours prior to your surgery
- Do not drink alcohol, smoke or use chewing tobacco or marijuana products after 6 p.m. the day before your procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the day of your surgery.
- This includes water, candy, mints or gum.
- This is very important for your safety and comfort.
- Disregarding this instruction may cause a delay or cancellation of your surgery.
The day of your procedure
- Check-in is located at the Surgery Registration desk. Take Elevator B to the 2nd Floor.
- Shower with an antibacterial soap before arrival. Antibacterial soap can be purchased at most
- grocery or drug stores. Please do not apply any body lotions, oils or perfumes.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing, and leave your valuables at home. Do not wear jewelry, including wedding rings and/or body piercings.
- Bring inhalers, CPAP Machine, including mask and tubing and know your settings. Bring containers for contacts, glasses and/or dentures.
- Children are encouraged to bring a favorite blanket or small toy with them. This helps them feel more secure when they come to the hospital.
- You will need a responsible adult to drive you home. Please note: You may only take a taxi or bus if you have an adult family member or friend
- accompany you. After receiving an anesthetic, you will NOT be permitted to drive.
- MINORS: A legal guardian must be here before, during and after the procedure.
- LEGAL GUARDIANS: Please be prepared to present proof of guardianship at the time of surgery.