Thank you for your interest in St. Francis Medical Center’s Volunteer Services Program. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the Lynwood community while enjoying a meaningful personal experience. Whether you’re looking to jump-start a career in healthcare or to make a difference in the lives of our patients, volunteering with us is a worthwhile experience.
Volunteers play a very important role in creating a warm, compassionate environment for patients and visitors. Volunteers can serve in many areas throughout the hospital including patient care units and our Family Life Center. We are truly proud of the great service and compassion volunteers provide to all!
Our hope is to have the community reflected within the walls of St. Francis for years to come. Each volunteer is asked to commit to a minimum of 150 hours per year, which averages to 12 hours per month. Your service hours can be tailored to meet your schedule (for example, if you would like to volunteer during spring break, summer break, etc.).
Each volunteer must complete an Orientation Packet and attend an in-person training. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and have a strong desire to have a positive impact on those we serve.
- Complete the online application here.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will be contacted for a personal, virtual interview.
- After the interview, we will contact you with information on orientation.
Health and Background Check Clearance
To help keep you and our patients safe, all volunteers must attend a health clearance appointment at the hospital before volunteering. Please bring your immunization records for the below items with you to your appointment. Any volunteer under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their health clearance appointment.
- TB Test: Negative Tuberculin Skin Test (TST), QuantiFERON-TB Gold, or T-SPOT accepted within 1 year
- If you have a history of a positive TB test you must have a negative report from a CXR (chest x-ray) done any time after the positive test or diagnosis to be cleared by Employee Health. If the CXR report indicates abnormal findings, medical clearance is required.
- TB testing is available at the hospital free of charge
- MMR: 2 doses
- Varicella: 2 doses or had the disease (chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses
- Tdap vaccination within the last 10 years
- COVID-19: 2 doses and at least 1 booster of Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech or Novavax; 1 dose and at least 1 booster of Johnson & Johnson
- An influenza vaccination is required during flu season; this can be done at the hospital free of charge
- A background check and drug screen are required; these can be done at the hospital free of charge
Uniform polo shirts will be provided by St. Francis Medical Center. Please plan to wear khaki pants, or solid denim jeans free from holes, tears and embellishments, as part of the uniform as well (not provided).
We look forward to welcoming you to St. Francis Medical Center!