Mission and Vision
Our mission and vision at St. Francis Medical Center are to create a patient- and family-centered culture that involves a collaborative partnership among patients, families, hospital leadership and staff. Our mission is to improve the delivery of safe and quality health care by providing a way for the community to collaborate with hospital staff, enhancing experience for patients and their families.
Goals of the PFAC
- Collaborate with St. Francis Medical Center leadership and offer suggestions to improve the quality of care provided to patients and their families
- Seek and learn from the patient and family perspective.
- Improve patient satisfaction through the promotion of a culture of patient- and family-centered care within St. Francis Medical Center.
- Guide patient and family centered care implementation through collaboration to improve programs, services, and policies.
- Enhance the delivery of high quality and safe care.
- Use patient family stories and their catalogue of experiences to teach staff, clinicians, leaders, and physicians.
Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
Dignity and Respect: Health care practitioners listen to and honor patient and family perspectives and choices. Patient and family knowledge, values, beliefs and cultural backgrounds are incorporated into the planning and delivery of care.
Information Sharing: Health care practitioners communicate and share complete and unbiased information with patients and families in ways that are affirming and useful. Patients and families receive timely, complete and accurate information in order to effectively participate in care and decision-making.
Participation: Patients and families are encouraged and supported in participating in care and decision-making at the level they choose.
Collaboration: Patients, families, health care practitioners, and health care leaders collaborate in policy and program development, implementation, and evaluation; in facility design; in professional education; and in research; as well as in the delivery of care.
Membership: Community members are selected from patients or their family members who have had a recent experience with St. Francis Medical Center either on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Click here to apply to become a member of our dedicated Patient and Family Advisory Council